Our Vision & Values
We envision a generation where all students can attain the goal of becoming well-educated, passionate, intentional young people who live in healthy relationship with themselves, their faith, and their community.
- Hard work: Learning any skill – even study skills – takes hard work. This is equally true of our faculty, staff, and students.
- Faith means more than just believing – it means living as a committed disciple of Jesus.
- Honesty is central to our vision because most basically we need to be honest with ourselves about our strengths, weaknesses, and how we fit in to God’s kingdom.
- Value is something God has invested in every human life, regardless of belief.
- Integrity means standing firm on principles.
- Respect is recognizing the innate worth of all people as God’s creations and beloved children, and then treating them accordingly.
- Humility requires us to be modest, never pretentious, and never thinking we are superior to others. As Christians, humility before Almighty God should be the basis of our lives.
- Seeking Wisdom from a variety of sources – books, teachers, in prayer, etc..
- Glorifying God by following Christ in all of our endeavors and striving to find His purpose for our lives.
These are our goals for each one of our students:
- Enabling them to discover their strengths and redeem their weaknesses.
- Awakening a love of learning is one of our primary goals.
- Helping them gain self-confidence and self-worth through both classroom and outside work (e.g. service projects).
- Teaching behavioral self-monitoring skills and techniques.
- Giving students practical social and job skills so they can take a meaningful and appropriate role in their communities.
- Allowing them creative outlets so that they can express themselves in different ways through art, music, and writing.
- Learning how to give, accept, and ask for prayer in a group.
- Submitting themselves gladly and willingly to God’s will for their lives.